Mr. Buchanan graduated from Heidelberg University with his Bachelor’s degree in Economics, with minors in Finance and Communications. At Heidelberg, Mr. Buchanan had the opportunity to study Economics at the New College at Oxford. In addition, Mr. Buchanan was Station Manager of WHEI 88.9FM.
In 2004, Mr. Buchanan created Buchanan Insurance and Financial Group. Mr. Buchanan helped his financial clients as a licensed insurance and financial services provider.
Mr. Buchanan graduated with his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Akron School of Law in 2003. While at Akron Law, Mr. Buchanan was selected to participate on Akron’s nationally ranked trial team. In addition, Mr. Buchanan placed in the 12th Annual Landskroner Closing competition.
In 2013, the Ohio Supreme Court licensed Mr. Buchanan in all state courts within Ohio. Later that year, Mr. Buchanan was admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
In 2017, the California Supreme Court licensed Mr. Buchanan in all state courts within California. Later that year, Mr. Buchanan was admitted to the United States District Courts for the Central District of California and Southern District of California.
In 2018, Mr. Buchanan was selected to be a part of the Ohio State Bar Association Leadership Academy Class. The Leadership Academy is an interactive leadership training program conducted during a five-month period.
Recognizing his commitment to the profession, Mr. Buchanan became a member of the Ohio Bar College.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys – Life Member
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Akron Bar Association
- Portage County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association – Northern District of Ohio
- All State Courts in Ohio
- All State Courts in California
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court – Central District of California
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of California
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals